Thursday, April 19, 2007

What goes around...

Note: I have posted this at my own blog My Two Cents also.

In my younger, leaner days I once made fun of how my mom's belly "laughed with her". I loved the way it jiggled with every laugh. Soon afterwards my mom changed her lifestyle completely by taking up daily exercise and controlling her diet. She lost weight (a LOT of it) and became very fit. I went on to get married, gain 22 pounds in a year, shed it, get pregnant, lose all pregnancy weight but gain it all back and then some, get pregnant again 8 years down the road, gain another 20 ounds during the pregnancy.... you get the picture. The other day my daughter said "Mommy your arms are so jiggly!!!" and kept calling me "jiggly mommy" for the whole week. Life indeed has come a full circle **Sigh**

Well, one thought just struck me - I think life didn't come a full circle. It goes around in the form of a spiral. I made fun of my mom's jiggly belly, my daughter made fun of my jiggly arms and one day her daughter might make fun of some jiggly body part of hers. One can only hope - right? :D

11 comments:

Asha said...

HeHe!! I loved my grandma's soft belly and always hugged her just to feel that soft pillow like bulge.She is still happy and healthy with that belly intact!;D

I have some belly too. After two kids,you just accumulate some anyway no matter what you do!

YUP!! what goes around stays around for a long time!:D :D

Sandeepa said...

Ha, ha that's funny GTN. My daughter is the diplomat of the house. So even if everyone else will say I have gained weight, if I ask her "Am I fat ?" she will say "No" :)

Sandeepa said...

GTN
I also appreciate the way you have repeated the entire post here. Thanks.

When I said you could have same posts this is what I really meant. Have the same post in both blogs, don't just use this blog to link your own posts.

Thanks again

ramya said...

hai,
The was funny.i think it every one might have had some sort of similar experience.i too used to say my mom i will never gain that much belly but what happens after years i start growing my belly.no whole body.now i think yha round is a nice shape.

Asha said...

Sandeepa,LOL at the diplomat,very clever!:D
That's exactly what was thinking too about linking posts and reproducing posts here.You should write and post that clearly so members can understand these things instead of leading us to their blogs.Good idea.

Ramya,round with little curves is so cooool!!:D

Praba said...

Very funny post!
My daughter calls her mom's tummy -jelly,belly! While nursing, my infant once accidentally chewed on my JB thinking it's her mom's other thing that she feeds on...I don't know which one of the Bs is saggier...
:-) :-)

Sandeepa said...

Praba ... You are just too much , I am just muffling my laughter here :) :)

Asha said...

Praba,I would like to see that virtually!:-)

GettingThereNow said...

Asha: Yupp! MY belly is here to stay :D

Sandeepa: Good to have your daughter on your side na? My daughter used to be mine, now she takes her dad's side and teases me mercilessly :(

I'm relieved I got it right where posting the entry on both blogs is concerned - I had my doubts but it was so late that I thought it would be easier to copy paste then to go back to your entry regarding how you wanted it done. I am a different kind of lazy :P

Ramya: Yes - round is indeed a nice shape. I like symmetr :D

Praba: Saggy Bs - LOL! All the three Bs (Butt, belly boobs) of mine are in some kind of competition to meet mother earth :D

swapna said...

HA haa haaa haa
very funny GTN. I too gained a lot of weight.i never teased my mother but i teased my aunts..now i also became like them..i don't know what my daughter says at me..?:-DDDD

swapna said...

Hi praba...
Tum bhi na..ha haaaa haaaa...:-DDDDD