Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hello!

Hello Desi Momz,

Recently joined the group and wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

A bit about me: I'm a proud mother of two. My son, J, is 11 (but going on 15) and daughter, A is 6.We (kids, hubby & me) live in the Bay Area, CA with our 1yr old cat.
Though I work full-time, my work hours are fortunately very flexible. This allows me to play an active role in the school PTA and also allows me to volunteer a lot in the school activities. Additionally, I love to cook and am an avid reader. Nowadays my daughter and i have been doing a lot of craft projects, be it soap making,stencilling, fabric painting etc.

My plate is full and my cup runneth over!
I believe in living life to the fullest and in making every moment count.

Parenting is not an easy task anywhere in the world. But when you live far away from home (India) you rely on our own instincts, on the wisdom of your parents and grandparents, and most importantly the support of your peers.I look forward to interacting with you all in the future. (Is Da Mama, Ashaji, listening?)

TheCooker (TC)
http://the-cooker.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Asha said...

Yes Ma'am! Da Mama is in da house!!;D
Hi TC,good to see you here.GREAT to hear that you have a 11yr old,most momz here have younger kids.I have a 12tr son who has destroyed half the house so far!!:D
YUP! We have to rely on our own instincts here and use all the strength we have to raise those kids in a right way who are surrounded by different culture.There are lot of good things here in US and some very bad things too as in any country.
You are doing a great job coping with home,outside and kids' school too.Good for you:)
Have a great Mother's day TC.Hugs

Sandeepa said...

Welcome TC :)

swapna said...

Hi TC
welcome to DMC.

Kay said...

Welcome dear 'The Cooker'! :)

It's nice to have you here.