Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Memories....

Memories are all I have left of my mother, we lost her at a very young age, when I was 13, and my brother was only 6. Not a single day goes by when I don't think of her. My day starts off by looking at her picture first thing in the morning. She gives me strength, though she is not with me physically.....and I know in my heart, that I am where I am today, just because of her. She was a talented individual, with a beautiful name- Shridevi and a Devi she was, indeed. When my father and I catch up over tea or lunch(he lives right up the street from me), there is never a day that we don't talk about her and our memories of her.....sometimes, she comes to us in our dreams, sometimes- I get a whiff of her signature perfume- Coco Chanel, other times we just look at old photographs..this is our way of coping with the greatest loss in our lives.

I don't want to say too much.....but for me, Mother's day didn't mean that much to me until I became one four years ago...and I have realized that the greatest and the purest love of all is between a parent and a child. Nothing else comes even close.

I wish you ALL a Happy Mother's day and especially to my Stepmother( I HATE that word)- Sudha, who is a Godsend,and treats my children as her own, my DaxaFoi- my aunt who was our pillar, she moved her family from England to take care of us all during our rough times,and of course, to my mother in law, Padma, who, treats me like a daughter than a "bahu" of the house.

Take care of yourselves for your children, and your mother figures in your lives. This life is too short for Petty differences- it really is.

17 comments:

shweta said...

Hi Trupti,
I am touched by your post.What you said is absolutely true..This life is too short for Petty differences.Have a wondeful Mother's Day !

Sandeepa said...

Hi Trupti
That was really beautiful. God has given you a lovely family, enjoy the best
A very Happy Mothers Day to you. Hugs :)

Asha said...

I am so sorry about your mom,I didn't know that!But you are surrounded by so many wonderful women who took care of you,it's great!:))
Enjoy Trupti,you have a great MIL too!!How lucky are you?:)
Happy Mother's day,have fun.
(Btw,all the names sound very South Indian!!Shridevi,Padma,Sudha!)

Saraswathi said...

Trupti,

Your words touched me so much!
Have a great Mother's Day ahead:)

Coffee said...

That was really touching!!!

You are lucky you have such wonderful people aroudn you. :)

Looking at the way you cook all those dishes....... and that too with its perfect gujju names and all..... you step mom (the word does not seem appropriate here!!) has surely been a big pillar for you. :)

Saheli said...

Dear Trupti,
Sorry to hear about your mom but, happy at the same time to know that you have all these wonderful women in your life.
I'm sure your mom is smiling down at you now.
Happy Mother's day to you!

Dee said...

really touching post Tharini. You are very lucky to be surrounded by ppl that love you. And you are abs. right...we need to take very good care of ourselves so we can be there for our kids..
Happy Mother's day :)
-Dee

Kodi's Mom said...

wow, Trupti - I had no idea about your mom..and am very sorry to hear that.
But it seems like wherever God plucks one flower away, he replaces with a garden. Looks like you have some lovely motherly figures in your life (your "second" mom, aunt, MIL etc)
And you seem like a fabulous mom yourself! Hats off to you for braving through these challenges in your life...!

swapna said...

Hi trupti
looking at the beautiful picture only i confirmed that this post was by u.
Very touching write up!!!
Happy mother's day to u and ur mother too..
enjoy.

swapna said...

Sorry trupti if i make u feel sad by writing happy mother's day to ur mother.. i feel like it should be there for her also.

Praba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Praba said...

hi trupti -

what a touching post! Had a lump reading the signature perfume part...I bet you are more beautifully connected with your mother in spirits and soul than any of us here.

happy mom's day to you!

Tharini said...

Hi Trupti..that was so evocative and beautiful. What a wonderful family you have. And what a powerful statement you made...life is too short for petty difference.

*HUgs* And Happy Mother's Day to you.

reena said...

trupti, that was very touching!! lots of hugs and wish you a very happy mother's day.

Roopa said...

Hi trupti,
that was a very touching post. i did not know about your mom too!
life is really short enjoy the best of both. You are lucky to have so amny around to support you !
happy mothers day to you!

Kay said...

Tons of hugs, Trupti! That was very beautiful. You are surrounded with so much love. Bet, you are mom is one the hugging with you all this love that she can send your way.

Happy mother's day to you, dear!

indosungod said...

Trupti, lovely post. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Happy Mother's day to you.