Thursday, May 10, 2007

Introducing Poppin

Hello Folks.. I am Poppin's mom (Poppins, till I come up with a clever nickname) of babiesanon.blogspot.com. I also blog occasionally at my friend MDM's blog missdmom.blogspot.com

This will be a really short introduction since I have 80+ awesome posts to catch up at this cool blog hangout :-) Thanks Sandeepa for getting me in so quickly, this is a fantastic forum !

About me, I am a first time mom to a beautiful 20 month old girl. I live with Dear Hubby (DH) in my hometown, Bangalore (India). When I'm not spending time with family and friends, you can find me curled up with a book or with a laptop blogging, while listening to old hindi music.

Currently, I am reading an old bestseller - Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. It's a beautiful real life story of life lessons from a dying professor to his old student. I'd like to leave you with one of the many beautiful quotes from this book..

"Whenever people ask me about having children or not having children, I never tell them what to do", Morrie says now, looking at a photo of his oldest son. "I simply say, 'There is no experience like having children. That's all. There is no substitute for it. You cannot do it with a friend. You cannot do it with a lover. If you want that experience of having complete responsibility of another human being, and to learn to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children".

See you around !

7 comments:

Asha said...

Hello Mary Poppins err..Poppin's mom,welcome to DMC!:))
Good to see a home town girl here.I haven't visited your blog yet but I will.
I have seen the Movie,loved it.That is beautiful quote.He is right ,nobody but us mothers can enjoy that privilege.Enjoy your Toddler and happy mother's day:))

Kodi's Mom said...

good to see you here Poppins. and thanks for sharing the lovely quote!

Sandeepa said...

Welcome Poppins Mom, you remind me of "Poppins" you know. Do we still get it ?

Tharini said...

Helloooo:)

Welcome aboard Poppins. I still say...search for a nick. :)

Kay said...

poppins is a nice name! :) welcome to DMC, dear poppins mom!

Praba said...

Hi Poppin's Mom -

welcome! Look forward to getting to know you!

ps: reminds me of the poppins candy that we ate growing up..cute name!

praba

Poppins said...

@ All: Thanks for the warm words of welcome.. Some of you I already know, but it's great to meet the rest !

@Tharini: Looke like you are outnumbered, everyone else seems to like the nick Poppins :) Whatddya say? LOL