Friday, May 11, 2007

Mom..........i luv u

(This post is from Ramya of Aromas of my food)
I am reproducing this post from my blog click here.
Every time i start writing a post i think a lot and put a little in the post in-order to make it short and simple.And sometimes i start eating up some words and other times my daughter just deletes the entire content i wrote.I will get very angry but when i look at her face which has a smile on it as the answer for my angry question i melt like ice.Though i am short tempered i make sure it doesn't hurt her.May be this is the motherly feeling i have deep inside me.But when it comes to my Mom i used to shout on top of the world Ooh.......yes now u r telling me what i should do or eat,How i should be.May be lot of girls do this at the young age when we r growing up and don't like their old stereotype lectures,or culture bothered discussions.whatever the reason may be i am sure once in a life we would have done that.But Moms r like ice who just try hard to make us understand what's good whats bad so that they can protect us as far as they can.which we r experiencing right now even my daughter is just 2 yr old i can understand my Moms feelings."ONLY A MOTHER CAN UNDERSTAND A MOTHER"--------This saying is 100% true.But when we get to know the value of moms in our life we r deep into ur relations and don't find time for them living so far from them.Is this stay here worth it.When the time is right we don't have them at ur side.We do call them and wish them but can't express our heart out what we feel or how we feel behind the conversations of our children, hubby dear and all comes over the phone and most of all these little kids occupy larger place than us,but not the actual thing we want to talk.I still remember the days when i am getting ready to school/college my mom and dad used to feed my breakfast doing rounds and pampering to eat little more.i can count n fingers the days i ate myself,the sleepless nights they have spent when we r ill.when we r in stage to help them we r so far away and can reach them in a instance.But hats-off to this technology which is far more better than their days.Now i just say why don't u both quit ur jobs as we both r settled but forget the fact if they do that they feel much lonely even they have their grand kids around the life they r leading from my birth will just be gone in 1sec.what is the tribute we r giving to them after the long journey.May be we r not understanding our parents.yha we can't help anything.
Happy Mother's Day Mom.................I love u........I want a bearhug from u.

6 comments:

Asha said...

Ramya,that was a great tribute,I hope your parents read this.You make them very happy to have a daughter like you:)) Happy Mother's day,enjoy.

mcewen said...

Mothers and daughters alike.

Best wishes

Sandeepa said...

I totally understand your sentiment and often feel the same way too. Now that I can do something, I hardly get the oppurtunity being far away...

swapna said...

Hi ramya
This is 100%true.even when my daughter spoiled a newly bougt camera also i couldn't say anything to her except to buy another one..because of her innocent face..although i explained her it is not a good thing..

Saheli said...

So true! Ramya.
Only a mother can understand a mother.
I am proud to be just like my mother(well, not in cooking or other stuff she did but, I scold my daughter just as my mom did to me.)

sudhav said...

Ramya, u have stolen all our words.so very true..u have brought tears in my eyes...and the saying:ONLY A MOTHER CAN UNDERSTAND A MOTHER is so very true..i realised it when i had my daughter..the pain ho i thanked my mom so much for all those things that she has done to me...A great gift from god one can have is --MOTHER...