Friday, June 1, 2007

Theme for the Month of June!

(This post is from Asha of Foodie's Hope blog)

Hi mommies, hope you are all enjoying the Sunshine and enjoyed sharing your wonderful stories for the whole month of Mother's day. Now it's our fathers turn to be loved and cherished who are equally important in our lives,specially for daughters.He may be out of the house a lot, but remember the stories he told you,the love and that special bond you shared with him.

So, let's make the theme for the month of June, "Father's day!"

The same rules and guidelines apply.Every week Thursday to Saturday,feel free to say thank you to your dads and share any sweet tidbits you might have.Non members can send articles to the e mail provided on the sidebar to Sandeepa so she can post your's as well.Thank you,let's make it special for dads too! Go ahead and share your thoughts!:)

A tribute to my own:
My father has always been a very special person and a great friend to me.I adore my dad and he is the one person nobody can replace in my life! He is a wonderful, very talkative(was a lawyer and then a judge,can you blame him?!),fun loving,positive thinking person and I shared my most of my private thoughts and talks with him as a young girl rather than with my mother.He is the most understanding and rational guy, gave me many great advice regarding important decisions I had to make in my life.Let me take this opportunity and say to him "I love you Daddy and I cherish your presence every second of my life.Thank you for being a great dad.Happy Father's day!"

Father's Day is celebrated in USA on Sunday, June 17.
Here are some beautiful quotes and history of how Father's Day came about in USA.

A father carries pictures where his money used to be. — Unknown

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. — Mark Twain

"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." -- Enid Bagnold

"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." -- Anne Sexton

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

A history of Father's day:
"The history of Father's Day is very interesting. The thought for creating a day for children to honor their fathers began in Spokane, Washington. The idea of having the Father's Day came to the mind of Sonora Smart while listening to a Mother's Day sermon in 1909.

After the death of her mother, she along with her siblings was raised by her father, William Jackson Smart. Sonora wanted to tell her father how special he was. Sonora's father was born in June, so she chose to hold the first Father's Day celebration in Spokane, Washington on the 19th of June, 1910.

The National Father's Day Committee was formed in New York City in 1926. A Joint Resolution of Congress recognized the Father's day in 1956 and in 1966 President Richard Nixon established a permanent national observance of Father's Day to be held on the third Sunday of June. Thus, the Father's Day was born in memory and appreciation by a daughter who believed that her father and all other fathers should be honored with a special day.

In the United States, the first modern Father's Day celebration was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia. It was first celebrated as a church service at Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South, now known as Central United Methodist Church". (Info from WIKIPEDIA)

Make it special for your dads and don't forget your kids' dad as well!! Go ahead, let's hear it ladies:))

12 comments:

Sandeepa(Bong Mom's CookBook/DesiMomzClub) said...

Thanks Asha. Beautiful Post. Shall update Logo as fast as I can :)

Asha said...

You are welcome Sandeepa.Time for members to take up the monthly theme too!:)

sunita said...

Asha,great theme... I have a post about my father...can I use it...

sunita said...

I meant that the post is in my blog 'sunita's world'...

swapna susarla said...

Hi Ashaji
that is a good theme.

Asha said...

Absolutely Sunita.Repost the whole article here any time from Thursday to Saturday.(see guidelines).Look forward to reading it!:))

Asha said...

Swapna,thanks.Post your's too:)

indosungod said...

Asha Great Topic and that was touching post about your Dad. He is very special to you isn't he?
Can we repost the Guidelines too? I am not able to locate it. Asha?
Sandeepa?

Kay said...

Beautiful theme, for the second time in a row! :) Thanks Asha!

Should we post strictly about our fathers? Is it ok to post and ask about ideas for father's day celebrations for a first time father who deserves it very much?

Tharini said...

Yeaaay! My favorite subject. :)

Sandeepa(Bong Mom's CookBook/DesiMomzClub) said...

Indo

The guidelines are as Asha siad posts regarding the theme should be from Thursday -- Sunday, that's it. Rest is general Posting guidelines as per the club post guidelines. You can check the rules under the label "Post Ideas"

Kay
You can definitely ask ideas. Not only first time but nth times dads will be glad too :)

Asha said...

@ Indo,click on the highlighted Guidelines,you will get there or look in the first month's titles for rules.

@ Kay. nope!! Dads are dads!Write about your kids dad too.We will look forward to it:))

Thanks Tharini.