Friday, October 26, 2007

MRSA(methicillin resistant Staph aureus)

MRSA or methicillin resistant Staph aureus is a bacterial infection that is not very common but contagious. I read about this MRSA sometime back in ' Parents ' magazine. Over the pat one month I heard about two students who died of this deadly MRSA on a popular news channel.So,I just thought about sharing some info which I came across the net with other moms here.
Article from ' Parents ' Magazine can be found here
More info can be found from here .
Madhavi

2 comments:

Asha said...

Great info.
It's rare to contract this MRSA, very few have died so far compared to the huge student population but still kids have to keep their hands clean specially in school. I have one in middle school and one in high school. It is scary. You never know, but doesn't help living in constant fear though, just have to be careful and educate the kids how to be safe.

Sandeepa said...

Only todday morning I heard on NPR taht it is not really contagious. If you have an open wound, cuts etc. you need to be careful, so sports team...take care

The hubby is taking unfair advantage of this, he says going to the Gym might be dangerous for him (not for me mind you) !!!