Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Blog

All of you mom bloggers have inspired me to start a separate blog about my kids. I was pretty hopeless about maintaining their baby books and usually lost interest after the first couple of months. But blogging about them is easy.

What's nice is that (hopefully) the blogs will always remain, which gives a new meaning to the words of the song from Shree 420 - Hum na rahenge, tum na rahoge, phir bhi rahengi nishaaniyan. I have already forgotten so many little little things about what my son or daughter used to do or say. If I preserve them in a blog, I will always be able to look back and reminisce. Even better, my kids can look back years from now, and read about what they said or did, what I felt at each stage of their growing up( even if the kids do at some stage find it embarrassing - which they will).

In fact, the thought occurs to me that most of us who knew our grandparents or great-grandparents only knew them as old people, and in their particular roles. My ajji always seemed old to me even though she was only 42 when I was born. Few of us would have gotten to know them as people, or even thought of them as such. Luckily for our generation of kids, they will have our blogs on various issues to help them understand the people we are or were, long after we are aged and decrepit!It's a wonderful way of preserving a family portrait.

So, for what it's worth, I'm now also blogging about my kids at http://rain-bowdays.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Asha said...

Good that you have separate kids blog now! All the young mothers can share their experiences too, good thing!:)

bird's eye view said...

Yes that's true and also moan together about the tough days:)

Kodi's Mom said...

welcome to the world of mommy blogging :) did anyone warn you that it is very addictive?? ooops, too late! ;)

mummyjaan said...

Good work, BEV. I think your blogging addiction score is set to increase....better retake that test after a few days.

mnamma said...

Welcome BEV! I am adding you to my blog list :)

bird's eye view said...

Thanks kodi's mom and mnamma.
mummyjaan - you're right. That score is from when I was a blogging newbie!