Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An option!

Yesterday I took L for her checkup because for the last few months excepting last month she had been falling sick constantly.. A and I owed it to her catching it from school..with atleast 3 courses of antibiotics, she is fine by the grace of God now!!

But L starts her day with a string of coughs and sneezes for an hour and she's fine the entire day!! I described this to L's doc and he said it is something referred to as allergic rhinitis! And since A and I didn't want L to be on medication all over again, an alternative that the doc suggested was:

To get L to wear socks during the night and on L waking up in the morning to wash her face right away using warm water...

Believe me, I did see a difference.

I am sure this will be useful to a lot of moms out there!

[Posted by of http://www.tangerineskitchen.blogspot.com ]

4 comments:

mummyjaan said...

Wow, it sure might be useful to my husband! He has allergic rhinitis too...

Asha said...

Good to know!!:))

Kodi's Mom said...

thank you so much for posting this!! your post is like God send - seriously. while the symptoms are somewhat different, I have suspected that it was allergy to something - the damn carpet most likely - and my son and I always wake up with congestion/clear runny nose/sneezes etc...and an hour later everyting clears up. I have to mention it to his doc and see what she thinks. thanks!!

Aryan said...

Thanks Rachel for the updates..It is a real help.
Aryan's Mom