As Kodi's mom said The November will be chilly and will come with cold and coughs in children as well as in adults.My daughter and my hubby are suffering with these problems.My mother in law knows home made remedies for almost everything.She told me some for cold and cough.These will help controlling it.
1)Cloves powder:Shallow fry the cloves in a pan or keep the in microwave for about 2 minutes.Powder them finely.Give this, just a little bit ,with a drop of honey for kids every morning when they are suffering from cough.It really helps to control cough.You can give this children from 9 months.
Adults also can take the clove directly without use of honey for cough.Just chew one clove if u are getting severe cough.It really gives a better feeling.
U can see some more uses of cloves HERE.
2)Allam(ginger) Pulusu:This is the recipe for adults and kids as well.It has to be taken with white rice when it is very hot in the morning time as break fast.
Coriander seeds....1 tbsp
Grind all the above to a paste.
Tamarind juice.......1/2 c
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.Fry the paste until oil comes out.
- Add tamarind juice ,turmeric and salt.
- Boil with the tamarind juice for 15 minutes or until the tamarind juice evaporates to half.
- take it off from the stove and Serve hot with white rice as told above.
3)Vamu java(ajwain rice): this is another recipe from my MIL for controlling flu.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan .add garlic cloves
- fry them for a minute.Add chopped onion,green chilly,curry leaves and ginger.
- When the onion fried add ajwain and fry for 1 min.
- Now add the rice flakes ,water.Cover and cook until the rice flakes are cooked well.
- After that add salt and tamarind juice .
- Cover and cook for more 5 minutes.
Remove from the stove and serve hot with a tsp of sesame oil on the top.It has to be taken as a a break fast.These all will really help control the cough which comes from cold.
To all the moms...Take care of your kids and yourselves from the whether changes.