Monday, February 4, 2008

Hiya folks

I've been lurking at DMC for what seems like forever and even when I started blogging I felt kind of a bit shy of joining (I never claimed to be very rational!). Now that I've made friends with some of you, it seems ever so comfortable, just like walking in to your favourite coffee shop to chat with your friends.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm from Delhi, moved to London when I got married and then to Singapore just before Squiggles was born. I have been working until recently and after almost a year I'm looking forward to going back to work. It's a different matter, preparing a CV never took this long before :).

I'm using this break to learn the guitar which is something I've always wanted to do. But I'm pretty crap at it (though I'm not letting that stop me). I've also realised managing a household is just not my cup of tea and I would much rather be out of the house in the park, gallery or wherever, just so long as no one is asking me 'What's for dinner tonight?' In fact, husband and parents are constantly badgering me to go back to work so I will stop eating their heads!

Blogging has been fun. There are so many things which maybe I would have noticed as a mother, marvelled at and then forgotten. But the pleasure and surprise at going back and reading some of my older posts is immense. And the other wonderful thing about it is meeting (virtually) so many wonderful parents who don't mind me going ga ga over my daughter, something I promised I would never do. Ah, but changing her mind is a woman's prerogative *winks*

Here's to many wonderful moments at DMC. Keep it going mommies.

PS: I blog here.

1 comment:

Poppins said...

Welcome Squiggles Mom!