Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kids Crafts: Hand-print greeting cards

[posted by Sheela]

Hand prints are a simple way to engage the little toddlers in creating something fun. I am sure there are several ideas around the web, but, I wanted to share a couple that Ana and I enjoy -viz., hand-print peacock and hand-print butterfly.

kids crafts painting handprint hand-print hand print butterflykids crafts handprint peacock


Items used: acrylic paints/finger painting paints/tempera paints, glitter(optional), black marker, card stock paper, and of course, enthusiastic baby hands

I load the wee hands with paints of my choice sometimes; but, at times, I allow myself to be guided by Ana's whims and let her mess with the colors she likes.

It barely takes a minute to make the actual hand-print, but, the anticipation and preparation seems to build up the inspiration :)

Once the hand-prints are fairly dry, I just sketch the required body parts to suggest the creature we intended to present through the hand-print.

Around the holidays last year, we made hand-print turkey and hand+foot print moose (sorry, no pictures handy at this time).

3 comments:

mummyjaan said...

Sheela,those cards are great! Apya and I have been making a few cards for the family - this is an idea we must try out.

jacky said...

Ur idea of hand print is good.My daughter brought one from her school last week with her hand print like a flower and it was bordered well in black by her teacher i suppose. It was great and neat. But how do u manage to buy all these things? where can i get them at cheaper rates especially the "paints"?! and what do u use to keep the kids from not messing the carpet.. pls send in ur reply .This is Jai here.

Nilima Shah said...

Thanks for sharing Interesting post. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I appreciate with this and I like learning about this subject. If possible, as you gain information, please update this blog with more information. I have found it really useful.
Regards
Pre Nursery School