Want to share with you a little bit about Padma Venkatraman's ( the author of Climbing the Stairs) book blog tour that is starting today. Proud to mention that Saffron Tree gets the honor of being the first to host Padma.
Padma, despite her busy schedule around book signing events, has done an interview with questions and answers for Saffron Tree about her book, and her writing career in general.
Padma will be available to take questions from readers throughout today on Saffrontree. If you happen to stop by, please don't forget to leave a comment.
I want to mention that our very own Sandeepa is hosting Padma at DMC on Sunday, May 25th. Padma is doing a guest post on parenthood and finding time to write. How wonderful and relevant a topic for all of us moms who are serious about our own writing/blogging! Really look forward to that...:-)
Here's list of all of Padma's blogtour stops. As you can see, her stops include Desimomzclub and Blogpourri this week. What I find as a fascinating aspect of her tour is that on each stop she is going to be discussing a plethora of topics centering around both personal topics such as parenting, travel, her writing, research career, and general issues relevant to India and the world - gender inequality, Indian marriages, the role of colonies during World War II. Her tour sounds as multi-faceted as her writing and the novel! Dont want you to miss the discussions in the book/author blogosphere, and our own mommy blogs!
1. Friday, May 23rd. Exploring issues of faith, culture and colonization in CLIMBING THE STAIRS; Gandhi and Martin Luther King at Olugbemisola Perkovich’s blog http://olugbemisola.livejournal.com/ (author of Eight Grade Superzero, coming in 2009).
2. Saturday, May 24th. Travel, living in different Indian cities and different countries, how this has influenced my writing at http://blogpourri.blogspot.com/
3. Sunday, May 25th. Being a writing mom, finding time to write, parenthood and writing at http://desimomzclub.blogspot.com/
4. Monday, May 26th. Where were the British colonies during WWII? A few funky facts I unearthed while doing background research for CLIMBING THE STAIRS at author Laura Purdie Salas’s blog. http://laurasalas.livejournal.com/
5. Tuesday, May 27th. CLIMBING THE STAIRS. The process of writing the novel, weaving together the different threads. http://the5randoms.wordpress.com/
6. Wednesday, May 28th. Oceanography, research and CLIMBING THE STAIRS. Making my schizophrenia work to my advantage. My (at least two) personalities. What it’s like to spend your 21st birthday on a research vessel at author Greg Fishbone’s blog. http://tem2.livejournal.com/
7. Thursday, May 29th. What exactly is that dot on the forehead all about? Arranged marriages, Women in India in the 1940’s, Indian marriages today, gender equality issues in CLIMBING THE STAIRS, anything else you ever wanted to know about India at author Carrie Jones’s blog. http://carriejones.livejournal.com/ Friday, May 30th.
8. The grand finale. Moving to America, Becoming an American, Multicultural writing at author Mitali Perkins’s blog. http://www.mitaliblog.com/
Thank you all for reading!