Saturday, May 9, 2009

It washes, It rinses, It even dries the clothes.....

Remember that jingle from yesteryear?

It washes, it rinses,
It even dries the clothes....
In just a few minutes....
Videocon washing machiiiiiiiiine!


It tells how one machine does everything.... I know a mom who does that.

She willingly gave up her career since her husband has a very busy job and stayed home to raise kids. She was/is there every time they need her. She cooks the most delicious things from India and all over the world, making it seem like a breeze to make. She imparts family values and gives the kids a great grand chance to know the Indian culture but also let them enjoy the culture of the country she calls home, now. She manages the family finances; She plans vacations; She disciplines gently; She also enjoys her hobbies of reading and gardening... and shows her kids how to take time out for themselves and to take vacations to unwind. She lets the kids be themselves and to find their own identity. She gives them the wings to follow their dreams. And she's very organized with her time. She also blogs all her culinary adventures for her kids might need all her recipes some day, and graciously shares it with everybody. And to top it off, she has love plenty enough to share with everybody who leaves comments on her blog.

Dear Asha, someday soon..... I hope to be a mom like you.

4 comments:

Tharini said...

That's a lovely and fitting tribute Kay...to someone well deserved!

Bong Mom said...

That is so sweet. Asha come back and read this :)

bird's eye view said...

That's lovely. Asha's going to love reading this after her well-deserved vacation. Hope I get to meet her some day.

Asha said...

Oh, what a pleasant surprise Kay!! I don't know I deserve all these compliments but I will take it and I appreciate it surely! :))

Yeah, I had a dream of becoming the best teacher once but hey! I still am to my kids though.

Thank you so much Kay. Hugs to you. I am sure you will surpass me as a great mother and a wife, be better than me! Hugs to you, have a fun Summer! :)