Thursday, October 2, 2008

(This post is written by swapna susarla)

Hi Everybody..

Do any body know about "Monoamniotic twins"?Have anyone of u experienced this type of situation(Monoamniotic pregnancy)?What special care one should take if they are having this type of twins?I really need ur suggestions ..

Thanku .

8 comments:

Lucky said...

I also found this and it has the details of the standard care what you have asked for.Donot know whether it's for you or for somebody. In case , All the Best and my preyers for the person

http://www.malpracticedepositions.com/

swapna susarla said...

Hi lucky
i already read those websites.

Thaku for ur words.

Unknown said...

Congrats u may want to read this site too
http://www.pregnancy-info.net/monoamniotic.html

swapna susarla said...

Hi kat
thanku for ur time.

Mommy said...

Congratulations, Swapna!

In laymen's terms, a monoamniotic twin pregnancy is an identical twin pregnancy, with both fetuses sharing a gestational sac and a placenta, making this is a very high risk pregnancy. They usually run in one's MATERNAL family. So, if your mother, her sisters, her maternal cousins, maternal grandmother, greatgrandmother etc had identical twins, then you have an increased chance of producing such twins yourself.

I strongly recommend that you see a perinatologist, a physician who specializes in high risk obstetrics. S/he will be able to advice you better as s/he specializes in complicated pregnancies and will have many years of experience managing them. This will go a long way in producing a favourable outcome to your twin pregnancy.

Good luck and congratulations again!

-Gayatri

ZillionsB said...

Let's come together on http://www.gujaratijunction.com to bring all the

Gujarati people unite on one platform and find Gujarati friends worldwide to share our thoughts and create a common bond.

Let's also show the Mightiness of Gujaratis by coming together on http://www.gujaratijunction.com

Nidhi said...

Hi Swapna,
I was wrongly diagnosed with monochorionic monoamniotic (MOMO) but a perinatologist confirmed that I fell in the monochorionic diamniotic (MODO) category. While MOMO is more risky than MODO (as the person may have figured from the doc/internet, I would like to add that MODO is tough too. I was bedridden thoughout my pregnancy and 2 months postpartum too. But I was delighted that by visiting a perinatologist (high risk obstetrician), I was in safe hands. But be sure to go to a peri. So good luck to the person and chin up! The end result is worth every moment of hardship.

swapna susarla said...

Hi Gayatri and Nidhi
Thanku very much for ur suggestions.I am visiting peri.doc.twice in a month.So i am very much confident now.

thanku.