Theme for August - SAHM Vs WM
Do you feel vindicated as a SAHM when you wake up early one morning and realize your kid is sick and you don't have to do cartwheels as you watch the poor husband rushing off to his job?
Are you happy that you chose to be a WM when a seat in the sought after school opened up and you don't have to turn it down because the tution fee is most defintely going to put a severe dent in your wallet?
Do you feel extremely happy that your kids are not brought by strangers because of your well thought out decision to stay home?
Do you wake up every morning wondering why you put up with obnoxiousness of your coworkers when your child is being cared for by strangers?
Do you resent being a SAHM when your husband and friends are off climbing the corporate ladder while your qualifications and skills are rusting?
Do you silenty thank those parents who take the time to volunteer at your child's school while you on the other hand have to make it to that last minute appointmet with your boss?
Every decision that affects the family be it buying a bigger house, eating out, signing the kids for after school activities are more often than not colored by the decision we made of being a SAHM or WM. I think there is a good representaion of both in the Desi Momz Club to make this a healthy discussion. We will try not to pass judgements of one decision over the other.
It hopefully will be a lively discussion of why each of us made the choices we made. It will be very interesting to see the different perspectives and also teach us a thing or two.
Go On Desi Momz Club Members! Lets hear you!

12 comments:
Hi iSG
this is really an interesting topic.I am soon wanted to be a worker.waiting for all the thoughts on this!!!
Mirchi!!! :)
Indo, You really want some sparks flying, don't you? just kidding... I think we are all matured to handle this hot topic very well.
We just have to remember that whatever we do, we don't have to defend/justify ourselves and as you said, not be judgmental of others... I'd love to hear what everybody feels about this...
Yeeeeehhhhh...let sparks fly :)
Come on everyone, out with your life story. I know most Mom blogs have a post on this, so come on...... :)
Good theme Indo.I have commented on this topic lot of times before.Let me see what I think,well..probably the same!:D
Looking forward to do a post on it.
That's a great topic, ISG. I will pick up on this later in the month -- I have been both :)
Juicy topic! ;-)
OOOh! that's definitely one very hot and fiery topic...keep the extinguishers handy ;)
Very interesting topic Indo! I kind of took the middle road by working part time. I'll write up a post sometimes next week.
I already have made up my mind on this even when I am not a mom as yet!! I am waiting to see what others have to say for it. :) I hope I am not an intruder in this world of mommies ! :P
Though I was working full time and chose to be SAHM when my daughter was born..but I have opened my own consultancy that I operate from my home-so that makes me a SAHM-WM combo.Guess you can make out thats because I still have that WM streak still glowing within me but due to the strong feeling that I dont want to be away from my infant daughter,I chose to set up my own firm!! I feel its ok for a while to be a SAHM and if there are either parents or parents-in-laws around, then keeping a domestic help to do the daily chores of the child(under the watchful eyes of the grandparents) are a good option and that gives a scope to be a WM.But in the absence of any such facilities i have preferred to be with my baby daughter.And one also needs to be extremely careful with the quality of help available to trust them with your little angels' welfare and care, while you are out the entire day.I had the unfortunate incident of having a bitter experience if getting a full time help and that too when a close acquaintance had known & referred the service provider...and with kind of crimes happening as we have heard recently that have emanated from these classes of domestic help I am scared!!That way I prefer to be a SAHM(and WM with my business) and watch my daughter grow up and once she starts school, off will I be to be a WM!!Bye.
Hi Sandeepa,
I am MissDMom, mother of 18 month old daughter.My page is on missdmom.blogspot.com and would like to post on desimomzclub blog page.Is there a way you choose your writers or can anyone post?
Thanks
Post a Comment